Care for Your Sprout
Araam has been manufacturing Sprout mattresses using only the finest natural materials and craftsmanship for many years. Please take a few moments to read the care instructions outlined here. A little extra attention now will allow your new sleep system to provide you with a deeply restful and rejuvenating night’s sleep for many years to come.
- To maximize the quality and comfort of your sleep, Sprout recommends the use of cotton bed linen which will help regulate your body temperature.
- Equally, it is also recommended that you choose a pillow with natural fillings which will actively cradle your head and neck to provide superior comfort, support, and pressure relief.
- Do remember to invest in a good-quality mattress protector to ensure a fresh and hygienic night’s sleep.
- Your mattress and/or topper may have compressed slightly during transportation. This is perfectly normal, and it will soon resume its natural shape and size.
- Once unwrapped, leave the mattress uncovered for a few hours to let it breathe.
- You may notice a slight odor after the mattress has been taken out of its plastic packaging. The natural fillings will occasionally release a smell, but it is no cause for concern. It will dissipate once the mattress has been well aired.
Care for your Bed
Care for your Mattress
Please take note of the below on how to care for your mattress to ensure it continues to provide comfort and support for a deep, restful sleep.
- We strongly recommend the use of a high-quality cotton or wool-faced mattress protector under your bed linen to protect your mattress from spills, stains and to promote proper hygiene. Avoid plastic-based, non-breathable types or any other form of plastic sheeting, as this will tend to trap condensation and risk potential mould growth.
- Failure to use a mattress protector could invalidate the guarantee.
Expect Body Impressions
- Most people tend to sleep in the same position on their mattress every night. Body impressions are therefore a normal occurrence and a positive indication that the generous amount of upholstery fillings used in Sprout mattresses and toppers are conforming to your body’s unique shape, weight, and sleeping pattern.
- Your mattress must be rotated and turned as indicated below to minimize body impressions.
Rotating and Turning your Mattress
How to rotate Non-flip Mattress
How to rotate a Two-sided Mattress
Handling your mattress
You should not attempt to turn or rotate the mattress by yourself. We recommend that you seek assistance. Apart from the risk of personal injury to yourself, you also risk damaging the pocket springs should you bend or roll the mattress. This would invalidate the guarantee.
Do not use the handles to lift or carry the mattress. The sewn-on handles are intended to help rotate and position the mattress while lying flat on the base. Handles sewn to a mattress are not designed to support the full weight of the mattress and you would risk damaging the border upholstery. This would invalidate the guarantee.
Airing your Mattress and Topper
- It is important to let your mattress breathe to allow body moisture to dissipate.
- Air your mattress on a weekly basis – simply leave the bed linen turned back for a few hours each time and allow air to circulate around and through the mattress.
Cleaning your Mattress
- Clean your mattress every other month with a soft brush to keep it clear of dust and fluff – do not use a vacuum cleaner as this will unduly disturb the upholstery fillings.
- Treat spills and stains immediately using dry towels or paper towels. Do not use detergents or chemical cleaners as this may bleach or damage the fabric.
How to Fluff Your Mattress
- Help your bed sustain its comfort and integrity for longer with periodic massages, best done before a turn or rotation. Start by removing the sheets, mattress protectors and any other accessories on the mattress such as mattress toppers etc. (if any). Form your hands into fists and press down into the bed, moving your hands in an even pattern. Start at the foot of the mattress and work up towards the head until you’ve covered the entire surface of the bed. For two- sided mattresses, flip the mattress and repeat this process.
- Once the surface of the mattress is covered repeat this process evenly on the sides of the mattress as well for optimum results.
- To maximise the consistent shape and support around the perimeter of your mattress, please do not sit on the edge of the mattress for prolonged periods of time.
- Please do not stand on your bed or allow children to treat it as a trampoline – this applies equally to the mattress and the base.
- Do not remove any sewn-in labels – these contain care, quality and content details vital to the guarantee.
Care for your Foundation
Use a suitable supportive base
- If your mattress is intended for use on a different base, other than the same base tried in store, then the level of final comfort and support could vary.
- We recommend that you do not use a new mattress with an old base or an old bedstead, which incorporate a spring-system (either metal springs or spring slats). An imperfect base, with a worn and tired spring-system, will provide a reduced level of support and could result in premature mattress wear and invalidate the guarantee.
- Where a bedstead with a slat system is being used, ensure that the slats are not more than 7.5cm (3 inches) apart. If a wider gap exists between the slats, it is recommended that a ‘bedstead mattress base’ be used between the slat system and mattress. Failure to take such action may result in premature wear on the mattress.
- From time to time, you should also check that all screws for castors, feet, linking bars and the headboard are secure to avoid undue strain on the base.
To demonstrate our high standard of design, materials, and craftsmanship, Sprout offers a 10- year warranty on your mattress.
- In the unlikely event that a defect arises through proven material failure or faulty workmanship, then Sprout guarantees to repair or replace the mattress (or bed base) in question on the following basis:
The following conditions apply to the guarantee
- This guarantee applies only to goods purchased from an authorised retailer.
- Any claim must be submitted in writing by the original purchaser to the supplying retailer within one month of the apparent defect becoming evident.
- Under the law, the Contract of Sale exists between the retailer and the consumer. Consequently, any claims made under this guarantee must be made through the retailer from whom the bed was purchased. If your retailer is no longer in business, then please contact Sprout authorized manufacturer, Araam Inc. at email@example.com
- The claim must be supported by proof of purchase – original invoice or sales receipt.
- In the event of a dispute, Sprout may request a third-party inspection of the products by a recognised and qualified organisation such as FIRA (Furniture Industry Research Association) before agreeing to conduct repairs or replacements.
- If the product in question has been discontinued and cannot be repaired, then Sprout reserves the right to supply an equivalent alternative.
- The guarantee does not apply if Sprout bed care guide has not been followed; where there is evidence of inappropriate use or abuse of the product; where the products are soiled or are unhygienic; where the mattress has been used with an unsuitable base.
- Following a repair, the guarantee will remain valid from the date of the original purchase.
- This guarantee is not transferrable.
- The guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
This warranty is not extended to mattresses or bases which have been damaged through unreasonable or improper use; are accidentally damaged (including unauthorized repairs or alterations); are in a soiled or unsanitary condition or are willfully damaged.
Foundations that are manufactured with wood slats further than 2.5” apart and/or do not come with one center leg support (two if the mattress is larger than a Queen).